December 28, 2007

Kris' Wild Ride

Ok, so I haven't blogged in a while. So I should have some great news to share with everyone, right? Right?
Haha, quite the contrary. I wound up not finishing a single present in time for Christmas despite my efforts. Wait, I correct myself. I finished a very simple garter scarf. But it's sitting in my room right now. Gathering god knows what. Because I can't find the rest of Zu's present. The purse and scarf that could have easily been done in time still sit 90% completed. And that sweater that I was doing well on? Yes. Remember that? It's been completely frogged. Somehow the point protectors fell off my needles and about 50 stitches came off the needles. Easy enough to fix, right? Hahaha, let me tell you. In the process of trying to pick up said 50 stitches, I realized that a few of the stitches had slipped down a few rows. Again, easy enough to fix. Well, then upon looking at the sweater to make sure it still looked ok, I realized that there were two stitches on another area that I had apparently dropped at some point and that were residing all the way down to the ribbing. So, in the pure frustration that everyone loves, I made a drastic decision. And frogged it. All the way. So that not a single stitch remained on the needles that I longed to poke into my eye. And I picked up a project that frankly I should have finished about 2 months ago. The Harry Potter Ravenclaw scarf that my friend had requested. And since it's taken me so long, I'm going to make a little scarf for her 3-yr-old son, and a baby hat for her upcoming baby girl. All for free. Because I feel bad. :/ Sent out my swap package to my upstream partner over the weekend. Hopefully they get it soon. Nothing wrong with hoping, right?

No comments: