October 10, 2007

Not the piddies!

Ok, so I have been super excited since I turned in my two weeks notice at work. And I haven't been this happy in a loooong time. So you can imagine how freaked out I'm getting with how happy I've been. I've been like a dog who's killed its first prey and happily dropped it in the hands of its unsuspecting owner.

I've been working on my friend's Christmas gift scarf:


I can't remember for the life of me what the yarn is called or where it came from since the labels are rolled up in the balls, but I do know that I got them for 64cents a skein. So like I could pass them up? They were regularly $8, so I had to take advantage of the bargain. And it knits up really well. It's a cute seafoam green color, too. Sorry for the sucky picture, but I lack a digital camera and have to make due with my phone until I get enough money for some snazzy picture machine.

So Sunday I wound up working since I'm taking Friday off and instead of doing what I should have been doing, I wound up having to help out with the craft project : Decorating pumpkins. Why is it that I'm never able to just focus on my work? It drives me nuts. But my honimajiganies joked at me making a wolf pumpkin for her. So I set my mind to work and got down to business. I think it looks quite horrible, but everyone else loves it. I guess it could have been much worse.




I threw my dog into a sweater the other day when I put her outside since it was 40 degrees outside. And my my does she hate those things. She doesn't throw a fit or anything, but she'll just sit there and mope and not move for about 10 minutes until she realizes that it's really not that bad. But she looks so cute in them!


She's just as stupid as her mother, though, which is why I absolutely adore her. :]

So I'm leaving work soon and I can't contain myself.


Note that I'm counting down the days until I'm GONE? Haha. And I picked that calendar specifically for the fact that it has locations from the world for the pictures. So it's like a mini vacation and a constant reminder of places I would much rather be then work. Hopefully being out of retail will make things better. The only thing I'll miss is being able to play in the yarn:


1 comment:

bittenbyknittin said...

Quitting your job?!? I'm so jealous. Keep pursuing your dream of a LYS. Ours closed and I am toying with the same idea.