October 6, 2007

Wow.

Things are going to switch up quickly in my life now. Not that I'm complaining. I'm going to be putting my two weeks in on Monday. Finally quitting Michaels after working in hell for the last 4 years. And I'll be working at Pacific Southwest Containers. Making almost $2.50 more then what I would ever make in retail. Yea, it may be a box company, but that doesn't bother me. I'll finally make enough to pay off all my bills and finally save up to move out. And on the note of moving out, my best friend / love of my life moved in.
They were going through hell in their home with their parents and paying way too much money for rent on top of having to do all the housework. So my parents let her move into my brother's room since he's off doing the college thing like a good little boy, and they dropped $150 off her rent. My relationship with my parents is getting better, though we have our heated moments from time to time. And I FINALLY got up the nerve to make my first sweater. I finally got fed up with limiting myself to the world of scarves and other simple knits, so I'm going to be making my friend's sister a sweater. She may be coming over today if she's not tired from work so I can measure her and possibly run her around to find some yarn that she likes (and isn't allergic to). I'm also excited because I can finally get my dog groomed professionally. Even though she won't be able to get her fur shaved and all that, her nails need to be clipped. Those suckers could claw their way through metal at this point, so you can imagine how much fun it is when she steps on your foot or accidentally claws you. I'm just nervous about where I take her since I need to find a place that will allow me into the grooming area with her. The time that I had to leave her with the vet to get her ear infection taken care of, she put her little heart into attempting to climb over everyone there to get to me. I had to leave the room before I started feeling guilty. She hates being without me.

So, Christmas time is coming up. But I'm not planning to get all crazy with the gifts like I have in the past. I'm only going to knit things up for my close friends. Possibly those who have given birth or will be giving birth. We need some LYS here, though. The closest store is about a 2 hour drive away from my home. And as much as I'd love to, I have way too much to do all the time to be able to make that trip. Though I'll probably use the yarn/coffee swap as an excuse to make a trip. ;)

But the weather's decided to take a turn for the worst and quickly slipped us right into flu season. The temperature went from 90 degrees to 60 degrees overnight. I'm having a hard time adjusting. But it's just going to be more incentive for me to get going again with the knitting. Yay!

No comments: