November 3, 2007

WWCS Topic # 1

When did you first start drinking coffee? What age were you? Was it about the caffeine, or do you love the taste and smell? Tell us how your passion began!

Ah, lovely memories with this one. I was about 10 years old when I first drank coffee. And I was about 16 when I became addicted. I started off when I was waiting in the car for my dad to finish talking to my mother while he was picking me up from school. I'd always thought coffee looked funny and thought it tasted awful since I always saw daddy putting sugar in it. So I'd strayed from tapping into his source. Well, one this one fateful day, he was taking forever to finish speaking with her, so I was sitting in the car by myself with this yummy smelling coffee mug filled to the brim with coffee. Now, as a young child, I didn't care for overly hot drinks. But I noticed that on this day, the coffee wasn't steaming. So I picked up the mug and held it in my hands to gauge about how hot it was. It was still hot, but not scorching. So I decided to smell it. Mmmm it smelled so good, so I finally sucked it up (after looking to make sure dad wasn't coming back to find me drinking his coffee) and took my first sip. It was wonderful and I kept taking sip after sip after sip until, you guessed it, it was all gone. I was grounded for a week because of that, but every time my dad would make coffee in the morning, I would sneak out and make a little cup before he was done getting ready for work and would sneak it into my room and drink it before "wake-up time". And that was my first introduction to coffee. And while some people swear up and down that decaf is for wimps, I don't think that's the case. Frankly, my body and I get along with the less amount of caffeine that I pump into it. So I'm definitely a smell and taste kinda person. ;)

No comments: