March 13, 2008

Announcment and Looking Ahead.

First off, the announcement. My friend Jenn and I have finally gotten our asses together to start forming a knitting group. We meet mainly in the mornings, although we haven't set up certain days of the week to hang out just yet as she babysits and runs her schedule based on her sister's needs. But we get together in the mornings since I work a swing shift, so that gives us a chance to get together. Neither of us claim to be great knitters. I'm just now showing her how to knit in the round. ;) And we're both in our early 20's. But we're looking for other people who would be interested in joining up. So if you or anyone that you know lives in the Modesto area (or at least fairly close to it) in California and would be interested in getting together with us, just let me know and I can pass along more information as we figure things out. We're trying to recruit. We're even thinking about going to the mall and sitting and knitting to try and get people to join. We're weird like that.

Now for the looking ahead. I have a HUGE drive to get my life going in a direction that will make me happier. Not to say that I'm not happy now, but my life has no real direction. I've always been the uber sparatic person that doesn't plan things and just takes life as it comes. But it's not as glamorous as it seems. So I've decided to join up with the 101 in 1001 project. I've been eyeing it quite a bit lately and have just decided to jump in. Now's a good time because I'm really motivated since things are starting to look up a bit for me. So I'll get that list going and post it up here as soon as it's done. :)

Hope everyone's enjoying their week so far!

1 comment:

Dandy said...

Oooo, if only I was closer I'd join your knitting group!!!