March 3, 2008

Viva la Ravelry!

Seriously, though. I love Ravelry and I'm so glad that I got sucked into it.
I participated in a Mitten swap via one of the groups I'm in. Nice and easy. All we had to do was pick out a pattern and send some yarn for either the pattern or enough for a pair of mitts. I sent out the package on Saturday and I really hope she likes it. @__@

Anyways, it was never specified if it needed to be a secret swap or not, so I decided to just break the secrecy code and send my partner a message to let her know that the package had been sent.
And by golly did I get a great swap partner.
We're getting along perfectly well with all of our smartassing and just generally picking on each other and being whores like that.
It's great fun. So far I've had awesome swap pals.
Dandy was a blast to talk to (by the way, Fred's really excited to meet Eddie! ;) ). My partner for the Longing for Spring Swap (after some blog stalking) and I have soo many things in common. Like a rather unhealthy addiction to weird movies. And now my mitten swap partner and I have the same attitude. It's always a trip finding out how much you get along with other people. And if it weren't for the swaps, I probably never would have met these people. And that makes me sad.
What's even sadder?

Yup, The mittens I'd hoped to have done for myself at the end of February. See how awesome I am at getting things done on a schedule?
But it's all in vain. After I'd switched to the size 6's after an annoying amount of 1x1 ribbing and was getting ready to start shaping the thumb gusset, I realized I was making the wrong size for my man hands.
Oh joy...
So now to start it all over again!
I'm determined to get some things taken care of and off my knitting list this year, so I'm off to start working towards that again. Wish me luck???...

1 comment:

Dandy said...

doesn't 1x1 ribbing just suck the big one!!! bleck

the mitts will look awsome when they're done!