March 9, 2008

Spring Fling Coffee And Yarn Swap

Go here. It's the spring version of the Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap that I took place in over the winter. And I think this will be one of those swaps that I stick to for as long as I can. I just had a total blast last time. Sign-ups aren't open until the 20th, but I'm going to get this posted now so I don't have to rush at it later. :)

Coffee

1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground? Either way. There's a grinder in our house. Though we do use a french press, so if you get ground, I need a course grind. :)

2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non? I'm usually drawn to medium roasts, but I'm always up for trying new coffee.

3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up? Depending, I'll either run to the store and buy their grind-your-own blends or I'll run down to Borders and grab a bag of their Javanilla blend. It's so yummy!

4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both? Definately both. I mainly drink coffee when I need a caffeine fix, but I enjoy it soooo much that I'll even drink it when I really don't need it. I get cravings.

5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers? I definately enjoy flavored coffees, but I'm fine with regulars as well. As for add-ins, I've discovered the Splenda flavores for coffee. It lets me give the coffee really nice flavor with the creamer without that really sweet taste of the sugar. And I'm a sucker for anything French Vanilla flavored.

6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup? I actually collect cute mugs of any sort. Expecially anything artsy-looking. 2-cup portions, 1-cup portions, either one works fine for me. :) Besides, I don't get along that well with anything small and dainty.

7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it! Every cup's like the perfect cup to me. I have my coffee brewing down to a tee. Lol. I have joygasms everytime I make a brew.

8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company? Actually, I'm really not one for eating treats with my coffee. There's nothing wrong with it. I just usually get too wrapped up in the coffee to remember to eat it!

Yarn

1. Do you knit or crochet? I knit. :) Slowly getting to learn crochet though.

2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with? I'm up for anything and everything. I've only recently discovered the world outside of acrylics, so I'm still technically a total yarn virgin.

3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now? I'm making my own pair of Fetching and Norberta for my baby niece's birthday. And then all that stuff that a shoved in the corner of my closet, but sssshhhhh we don't talk about that.

4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? What about those that you'd never find in your stash? My favorite colors in general are purples and pinks and teals. I love pink-black combos, pink-brown combos and teal-brown combos. But I'm up for anything as long as it's not neon.

5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Any you just detest? The only type of needles I don't care for are plastic. Other then that, I'm not picky at all.

6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan? I actually only have one of everything right now. So anything you'd want to send would be fine. Surprise me!

7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with? I don't even know. @___@ I knit with anything and everything. And I haven't even stepped into a LYS because there's no local ones. The only things non-acrylic I have ever fondled is Cascade 220 and Noro yarn. Plus the goodies that I've receieved in swaps.

Spring

1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are? Oh yea, it's Spring alright. Lol.

2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one? My favorite flowers in general are Gerbera Daisies and Orchids.

3. What do you most look forward to about springtime? The rain.

4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day? Sadly, I'd probably be stuck at work. Lol. If not, I either go out somewhere with some friends or sit in my room with my curtains and windows open and knit. Besides, 65 is a bit chilly for me. Lol.

5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? How do you spend that day? what helps cheer you up? I'm actually happier when it rains. I've always loved it. I'll sit in my living room and watch the rain for hours on end and sometimes wonder out and let myself get soaked if it's not raining too hard. And if it gets too chilly, it's nothing a cup of coffee or cocoa can't heal.

Odds n Ends

1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles? Anything Japanese oriented, anything Nightmare Before Christmas, rubber duckies, and artsy mugs. :)

2. Are you allergic to anything? Nothing that I know of.

3. Do you have pets? Yup, my little baby Misty.

4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? What are the last 2 swaps you participated in? It's not my first, but I'm not an old pro yet either. Lol. The last 2 swaps I participated in was the Longing for Spring Swap and a mitten pattern + yarn swap on Ravelry.

5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.
1) Shut Up, I'm Counting - Her blog is always great for a laugh for me and she always comes across the most gorgeous patterns.
2) Mochimochi Blog - The toys she comes up with are always absolutely amazing. Enough said.
3) Ravelry - It's not a blog, but I spend more time on there then I do reading blogs, so I'm letting it count! :')

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Friend,
Its a very good work. its more informative. Suggest me some website where i will get more information. All the best good work.Thanks in Advance.
============================
Micky Brown
http://www.hookup-tonite.com