March 5, 2008

It came!

mitten swap goodies
This is my package from my mitten swap that was in the mitten-a-month-along group.
We just had to send along some yarn and a pattern for mittens.
So I got spoiled! Lol.
The upper left is the card she sent along which is absolutely cute. Monkey monkey monkey. The upper right is a package of art nouveau postcards of a Japanese fashion since she's a very clever blog-stalker. The bottom right are some cookies from a local bakery which, as it should be, have already been devoured. The middle is the pattern for the Fetching gloves and then the yarn? Kyoto from Artfibers. Can we say LOVE?! It's 69% silk, 25% super kid mohair, 6% extrafine wool. I drooled. Horribly so. It's super soft. I almost don't want to knit with it, but why would I want to rob myself of the pleasure? ;)
I've started working on Norberta (rav link) in my attempt to get out of this knitting slump I'm in. It's coming along really quick and so far it's been a pretty damn easy pattern! I'll post some pictures up when I get a bit more done.
But now I need to head off. I hope everyone has a great day! :)
Ps, Dandy, I would like to note that one can never be too spoiled. ;)

No comments: