March 30, 2008

Holy cow. Help?

First, I'd like to introduce everyone to the newest member of our family.

Wolf and I have decided his name shall be Zeus. Ignore the unmade bed. He piddled and we had to wash sheets. Lol. He's getting along great with PetMe and pretty much instantly clicked with our family. My mom was the hard one to convince to let him stay. We've never had male dogs. But if I'm going to fork out for the vet bill since they can't afford it, we get to keep him. ;) He was found a few houses down in the middle of the night while it was raining, but they couldn't keep him because they have dog-hating cats. We were the first family they found that would hold him. Is it wrong to hope that he's been lost? Because we are. He was really filthy thirsty and hungry when we found him and he seems to have fleas and possibly ear mites, so either way, he doesn't seem to have been well-cared for...but either way, we love the little guy.

Now onto the help! I decided to cast on for the Coronet hat and for some reason, the cable's not coming out right. And I'm still a n00b at cables. Remember, the Fetching was my first go.

That's what it's suppose to look like.

This is how mine's coming out. And I'm following the cable panel instructions to a t. So is it possible that it was put up wrong? Or am I just being an idiot? I'm so confused. ;__; I wanted to have this done asap because I've been a bad knitter lately...

And an update, our knitting group looks like it may be growing! I wore my Fetching gloves out last night and the waitress that served us when we went and got dinner said she thought they were really cute. So J piped in and said that I knit them. The waitress said she'd tried it when she was 7 and hated it, but thought she'd try to give it a go sometime. So before we left, we asked her if she'd be interested even though J and I are still n00bies. She got all excited and gave us her number. And she works nights which is perfect! Now it's just a matter of figuring out a time and what days to meet on.... Hmmmm....

And as for the Lotorp bag...

I'm a lot farther along with the strap since I took that picture, but I couldn't resist actually getting to show off the knitting in the sunshine. Lol. I'm nervous about the sewing, though...

Anyways, hope everyone has a good end to the weekend!

3 comments:

Dandy said...

ok if you want your cable to stretch out like in the original... just do the cable row every 10th row or so... it does look pretty squishy... I knit this too but can't remember how mine turned out... it wasn't as stretched out as the pattern I don't think... but now as squished as yours?? going to look......
ok I found it here's mine http://purpleisafruit.blogspot.com/2005/01/orange-coronet.html

if you need help, you know wherre I am ;)

Natalie Rush said...

What a cute new member of your family!!! AWE!!!

Roe said...

Oh. My. GAWD. SO CUTE!!!!!!!